Founded in 1989, Green Plan Ltd. is an award-winning Edmonton-based environmental consulting firm. Our core business and main strength is environmental protection and regulatory planning for land development projects related to five industry sectors: Municipal Infrastructure, Subdivision Development, Road & Rail Infrastructure and Surface Material Mining (Sand & Gravel). Our professional services include: Environmental Assessments, Mitigation Planning, Regulatory Approval Acquisition, Compliance Management, and Training.
Federal, Provincial and Municipal governments use a wide range of regulatory approvals to help manage land use activities and protect environmental resources under their jurisdiction. These approvals, range from simple licensing and permitting to complex planning processes to support a regulatory application. The attainment of environmental regulatory approvals is a key component of planning a land development project.
Green Plan provides services to help clients manage regulatory compliance for their projects.
- Environmental Assessments and Studies to support regulatory applications
- Municipal authorizations; rezoning applications and development permits
- Registration, as per the Code of Practice for Pits, for sand and gravel operations on private land
- Surface Material Leases and Licenses (SML or SMC) for sand and gravel operations on Crown Land
- Department License of Occupation and License of Occupation (DLO, LOC) for new roads, right of ways, etc., on Crown Land
- Temporary Field Authority (TFA) to conduct temporary work on Crown land
- Water Act Authorizations; wetland compensation, water management, water licensing, etc.
- Notification as per the Code of Practice for Watercourse Crossings, Code of Practice for Outfall Structures on Waterbodies
- Fisheries Act Authorizations and fish habitat compensation plans
- Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act Licenses to Operate
- Assessments pursuant to the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act
- First Nations Consultation
- Caribou Protection Plans
- Compliance Monitoring and Reporting