Founded in 1989, Green Plan Ltd. is an award-winning Edmonton-based environmental consulting firm. Our core business and main strength is environmental protection and regulatory planning for land development projects related to five industry sectors: Municipal Infrastructure, Subdivision Development, Road & Rail Infrastructure and Surface Material Mining (Sand & Gravel). Our professional services include: Environmental Assessments, Mitigation Planning, Regulatory Approval Acquisition, Compliance Management, and Training.
An environmental assessment is typically the first step in the environmental planning process for a new project. Its main purpose is to help the project planning team understand the ensuing environmental impacts and available mitigation measures for consideration in the project design and operations. It is also an important tool used by regulators to assess whether proper due diligence has been applied with respect to environmental risk management.
Green Plan has considerable experience in conducting assessments ranging from environmental and biophysical overviews to comprehensive investigations to support regulatory approvals. Green Plan has also helped many organizations develop related policies and procedures to manage short-term and long-term environmental risk.
- Assessments Pursuant to Canadian Environmental Assessment Act (CEAA)
- Assessments Pursuant to the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Assessments Related to Municipal Area Structure Plans and Development Permits
- Screening Assessments Associated with Preliminary Design and Engineering
- Wetland Assessments pursuant to provincial and federal wetland policies
- Biophysical and Natural Site Assessments
- Mitigation Planning (Environmental Protection Plans and EcoPlans)
- Assessments related to permitting and licensing
- Environmental policy and strategy development
- Environmental Overviews
- Geographic Information System mapping and analysis
- Environmental monitoring studies and construction supervision
- Project Initiator Environmental Reviews for Rail Projects and Transloads
- QAES Recommendations and Mitigation Planning
- Phase 1 and 2 Ecological network Reports
- Biophysical Overviews
- Environmental Field Reports and Site Information Forms
- Caribou Protection Planning