Founded in 1989, Green Plan Ltd. is an award-winning Edmonton-based environmental consulting firm. Our core business and main strength is environmental protection and regulatory planning for land development projects related to five industry sectors: Municipal Infrastructure, Subdivision Development, Road & Rail Infrastructure and Surface Material Mining (Sand & Gravel). Our professional services include: Environmental Assessments, Mitigation Planning, Regulatory Approval Acquisition, Compliance Management, and Training.
Municipal Land Development
Municipal land development refers to industrial, residential and recreational land use planning within a community. Environmental protection planning is a major component of the land use planning especially in Area Structure Plans. Its main purpose is to provide planning criteria to help select the appropriate land use, comply with regulatory requirements and mitigate adverse environmental impacts.
Municipal land development, both big and small, is a fundamental focus of Green Plans services. We offer a full range of related services from feasibility analysis to project implementation and compliance monitoring.
- Biophysical assessments
- Natural site assessments
- Environmental overviews
- ECO plans
- Qualified Aquatic Environmental Specialist (QAES) mitigation plans
- Wetland impact assessments and mitigation planning
- Constructed wetland design and implementation planning
- Phase I Ecological Network reports
- Phase II Ecological Network reports
- Development Permit applications
- Provincial and Federal approval acquisition